This is my classic salad I always bring to events when I’m asked to ‘bring a plate’. It’s got so many tasty bits in it and so would be great to make for someone who finds salads ‘boring’.
600 – 700g Kent pumpkin
1 tablespoon coconut oil, melted
120g baby spinach
1 lebanese cucumber, sliced into half moons
1 tomato, sliced into wedges
1/2 avocado, diced
100g danish fetta, crumbled
handful / 30g dried cranberries
handful / 2 tablespoons pine nuts
2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 teaspoon dijon mustard
- Preheat oven to 190°C. Peel and dice pumpkin.
- Spread pumpkin out on a lined baking tray, drizzle with coconut oil and sprinkle with Himalayan salt and pepper. Cook for 25 minutes.
- Add the pine nuts to the pumpkin in the oven for the last 5 minutes.
- Layer all the salad ingredients in a bowl, starting with the baby spinach.
- In a jar, shake up all the dressing ingredients until well combined. Drizzle over salad just before serving.
Nutritional info per serve: