Overnight Proats

proats

If you still haven’t heard of ‘proats’, let me fill you in. Basically, proats are where you combine oats with protein powder and an endless combination of other delicious and nutrient-packed goodies. Instead of cooking your oats like you would in making porridge, you just soak them in the fridge for at least an hour, or overnight, hence the name! There’s nothing better than a cold, delicious bowl bursting with different textures and colours for a snack on a hot Summers day. Proats are super convenient and I often pack it in a little cooler bag with an ice brick to have for morning or afternoon tea when I’m out and about. If you ever see someone sitting in their car in a shopping centre car park digging into a bowl with a huge smile on their face, it’s probably me enjoying my proats! 🙂

Serves 1

Ingredients

1/3 cup / 33g GF oats
1/2 scoop chocolate protein powder (I use Bare Blends)
1 tsp chia seeds
1/3 cup filtered water
90g greek yoghurt
110g /1 cup frozen berries
10g crumbled pecans

Method

1. Place all ingredients in a bowl or container.
  2. Soak them in the fridge for at least an hour.
  3. Just before eating, give it a good stir to mix all the ingredients together, then enjoy!

If you give it a try and post a pic on instagram, please tag me @eatmovelivewell and #eatmovelivewell so I can see it!

Holly x

Nutritional info per serve:
Calories Carbohydrates Fat Protein
419 43g 16g 26g
2017-07-10T19:35:38+00:00 16 February 2015|Categories: EAT|Tags: , , , , , |11 Comments

11 Comments

1. Jess Carey 18 February 2015 at 8:52 am - Reply

My favourite breakfast!! You’ve got some great recipes, can’t wait to try some out 🙂

2. Marla 21 March 2015 at 7:15 am - Reply

I am no longer positive where you are getting your information, but good topic.
    I needs to spend a while learning more or figuring out
    more. Thanks for excellent information I used to be on the lookout for this information for my
    mission.

3. Whisked Away 28 April 2015 at 4:32 pm - Reply

I’ve never heard of “proats” before, but I have a feeling I would love this! So many great healthy recipes on here, looking forward to trying some of them!

• Holly Brownlie 29 April 2015 at 2:00 pm - Reply

I’m so flattered you like the look of lots of my recipes! 🙂 I hope you enjoy making and eating them!

4. Cristina 28 April 2015 at 8:43 pm - Reply

I’d never heard of proats before but I think I’ll have to try them after this! They look full of healthy delicious things!

• Holly Brownlie 29 April 2015 at 2:01 pm - Reply

I’m sure you’ll love them! You can get creative with so many different flavour combinations! I usually start with the protein powder flavour and then think of things that will go with that.

5. Sweet Tea Sweetie 30 April 2015 at 4:05 am - Reply

Looks so delicious and healthy!
    Kari

6. Megan @ A Dash of Megnut 6 May 2015 at 8:29 pm - Reply

Yum! I had never thought of pairing protein powder with oats before! Love this idea!

7. […] Overnight Proats. […]