This has got to be one of the easiest things you could possibly make in the kitchen! I love to make homemade popcorn to take to the movies. Corn is a grain, so I recommend you eat it only occasionally as it’s not as nutrient-dense as others foods like vegetables, fruit, meat, nuts etc.
2 tbs grass-fed butter or coconut oil
1/2 cup corn kernels
1 tsp Himalayan salt
- Heat the butter or oil in a large pot over medium-high heat until melted.
- Add the popcorn in an even layer and cover with the lid.
- Cook for 3-4 minutes, shaking the pot occasionally.
- Remove the pan from the heat after the popping has slowed to about 2 seconds between pops.
- Add salt and stir through to coat the popcorn evenly.
To change up the flavour you could try adding one of these combos:
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan and 1 tsp black pepper.
- Ground cumin and chilli
- Garlic powder and dried herbs
- Cinnamon and nativa or xylitol
Nutritional info per serve: