This is a great meal to make for your weekly meal prep. I love to cook this up for dinner one night and then divide the leftovers into containers for my me and my husband to eat for lunch for the next three days. Eight meals is definitely worth spending 45 minutes in the kitchen for! Traditional Chinese fried rice can be a bit of a fat and carb bomb, so I designed this fried rice recipe to have plenty of vegetables and protein, and only a moderate amount of rice.
coconut oil spray
200g bacon, diced
5 eggs, whisked
1 tbs coconut oil
1 brown onion, diced
3 tsp minced garlic
1 red chilli, de-seeded and thinly sliced
1/4 tsp fresh ginger, finely grated
400g raw prawns, shelled and tails removed
2 large carrots, diced
1 red capsicum, diced
1 green capsicum, diced
2 cups frozen peas
2 1/2 cups cooked brown rice
3 large handfuls bean shoots
6 spring onions, sliced
1/4 cup tamari
- Spray a large frying pan or wok with coconut oil and fry the bacon over high heat until crispy. Remove and set aside.
- Cook the eggs for a few minutes until set. Remove, allow to cool, roll up and thinly slice.
- Heat the coconut oil in the pan over medium heat. Add the onion, garlic, chilli and ginger and cook for a few minutes until softened.
- Add the prawns and cook for another few minutes.
- Add the carrot, capsicums, peas and cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Add the rice, bacon, egg, bean sprouts, spring onion and tamari and cook for 2 minutes, until everything is heated through.
If you have a thermomix and can’t be bothered with lots of chopping, simply chop the carrots and capsicums in the thermomix for 3-4 secs, speed 5.
NUTRITIONAL INFO PER SERVE: