Here is my recipe for a super easy veggie-packed family meal which is also very budget friendly if you’re trying to cut back on your weekly grocery bill. I make it gluten free by using gluten free pasta, breadcrumbs and plain flour.
300g dried spiral pasta
1 brown onion, halved
1 carrot, chopped roughly
150g cauliflower florets
500g reduced fat milk
50g plain flour
1/2 tsp himalayan or sea salt
1 tbs dijon mustard
1 cup (100g) grated tasty cheese, plus 1/2 cup (50g) for the top
2/3 cup frozen corn
2/3 cup frozen peas
425g can tuna in spring water, drained
1/2 cup (100g) breadcrumbs
- Cook the pasta according to packet directions and drain. Preheat the oven to 180C.
- Place onion, carrot and cauliflower into thermomix and chop 4 sec/speed 5. Scrape down sides of bowl.
- Add butter and saute 5 min/Varoma/speed 1. Scrape down sides of bowl.
- Add milk, flour and salt and cook 6-7 min/90C/speed 4.
- Add mustard, cheese, corn, peas and tuna and stir with spatula to combine. Cook 2 min/90C/reverse/speed 2.
- In a bowl combine the breadcrumbs with 1/2 cup of cheese.
- In a baking dish combine the pasta with the sauce. Top with the breadcrumb mixture and bake for 25 minutes.
Nutritional info per serve:
If you give my tuna mornay a try and post a picture on instagram, please tag me @holly.brownlie so I can see it!