Unfortunately, one of the food aversions I have developed since being pregnant is salads. I really don’t find them appealing at the moment! So, I have been trying to find ways to make salad more exciting so I can get some antioxidant and vitamin rich vegetables into me (and my baby)! My sister recently told me about a delicious salad she had at a cafe so I tried to recreate it and it turned out pretty tasty!
8 prawns, raw and shells removed
1 chorizo sausage
1 corn cob, husk removed
250g cherry tomatoes, halved
3 thin slices red onion, halved
2 tsp olive oil
2 tsp lemon juice
salt and pepper
- Heat a sprayed char-grill pan on medium-high. Cook the chorizo and corn for 9 minutes, turning every few minutes.
- Reduce the heat to medium. Add the prawns and cook for 2 minutes each side. Sprinkle with salt and pepper whilst cooking.
- Meanwhile in two medium bowl divide the tomatoes, rocket and onion.
- Cut the chorizo into thin slices and divide into the two bowls. Cut the corn off the cob and divide between the two bowls. Divide the prawns between the two bowls.
- Finally drizzle over 1 tsp of olive oil and lemon juice to each salad. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Toss all the ingredients well using two spoons. Tip each salad onto a plate ready to serve.
Nutritional info per serve: